Exploring Diverse Career Paths at Newcastle City Council
Posted on Tuesday, December 19, 2023 by Edward Dean — No comments
Newcastle City Council offers a diverse range of job opportunities, reflecting the needs and services of the city. Here's an overview of the types of roles and benefits available:
Variety of Job Roles
The Council has a wide array of positions across different sectors. Some of the roles include:
- Teacher of Music, with salaries ranging from £30,000 to £46,525 per annum.
- Assistant Director of Transport, offering £91,880 to £97,359 per annum.
- Various support roles in education, such as Pastoral Support Officer and Learning Support Assistant, with salaries depending on experience and specific job requirements.
- Facility Supervisor (Caretaker) roles, with pay ranging from £26,873 to £28,770 per annum.
- Positions in governance, teaching, and specialized support roles are also available.
Working at Newcastle City Council
Working for the City Council in Newcastle is characterised by a commitment to impacting the lives of city residents. The Council emphasises the importance of diligence, energy, and commitment in its workforce.
Benefits and Support
- Apprenticeships and learning opportunities are available for those aged 16 and over.
- Supported Employment Service is offered for residents who face significant barriers to employment.
- The Skills Hub provides a one-stop-shop for support with training, careers, and job advice.
- The Council is recognized as a Disability Confident Employer.
- Job vacancies are advertised on Recruit4good, where prospective applicants can search and apply online.
- There is support available for job applications, including help with finding and applying for jobs and preparing for job interviews through resources like the Skills Hub and Newcastle Futures.
Commitment to Staff Development
- The Council is dedicated to the professional growth and development of its staff, offering various opportunities for career progression.